The pandemic has changed our lives overnight. It took away our daily gym grind, frequent traveling, and outdoor adventures. As a result, many of us plunged into a less active lifestyle. We ate our boredom away and entertained ourselves through movies and video games that barely made us move.
While we shouldn’t feel bad for coping with the pandemic the way see fit, we should also remember that we can’t abandon our previous lifestyles forever. If you shifted to a healthy lifestyle today, then great for you. But if you did the opposite, we’ll have some work to do.
We may be far from normal yet, but if things get better as 2021 closes, we can greet 2022 with more hope. And what better way to do that to look and feel great? That said, here are some makeover ideas to prepare for the holidays and the New Year:
1. Work On Your Self-confidence
Men are generally assumed to be self-confident, but many of them in fact struggle in that department. If your self-confidence also tends to fluctuate, remember that you’re not alone.
But before working on improving your confidence, keep in mind some key reminders: your self-confidence shouldn’t depend on the way you look, your income, or the number of women you’ve dated. Those superficial things only bring short-term confidence. What’s more important is your self-assurance, no matter your achievements, background, etc.
To increase your self-confidence healthily, apply the following to your life:
- A vision — this is your ambition and goals. Write down all the things you want to see in your future. Think about your old dreams as well. Decide if you still need to reach them, or if they should go to make room for bigger dreams.
- Get to know yourself — identify your strengths and acknowledge your weaknesses. Focus on developing your strengths, but also learn how to use your weaknesses to empower yourself.
- Take action — make each day productive, but not necessarily by working. Instead, just ensure that your daily routine keeps your mind and body active. Make your bed, make your own meals, exercise; those simple acts can change your life if you do them every day.
- Don’t fear failure — confident men have failed. Without their failures, they wouldn’t become your role models. So do things you’re horrible at. Anticipate mistakes. You wouldn’t grow and learn without them.
- Care for your well-being — Suppressing your emotions and neglecting your well-being doesn’t make you “manly”. You’re human, and therefore have needs to maintain your emotional well-being. If you want to pamper yourself, go for it. Self-care isn’t for ladies only.
These actions will let your mind have a makeover, giving you the energy to do the rest of your ultimate self-care routine.
2. Improve Your Style
It seems to be in a man’s DNA to ignore fashion completely. But that doesn’t mean you’re not capable of being stylish. Some of the most renowned people in the fashion industry are men, so you have it in you, too.
If you often feel clueless about what to wear for certain events (birthdays, corporate events, dates, etc.), that’s probably a sign that you need a wardrobe update. Wearing the same thing over and over again like Mark Zuckerburg may give the illusion of success, but if you don’t succeed in your clothes, it’s not worth enduring.
It’s okay to love shopping for new clothes and to dress up like a model. Just because fashionable men are considered “unrealistic” doesn’t mean you can’t make a stylish wardrobe your reality. Caring about your style means you care about how you present yourself. That’ll give you a boost in job interviews and first dates.
Your clothing choices can also reflect your personality. Outdated clothes, for example, show that you have little regard for trends. A timeless, stylish outfit, on the other hand, shows that you’ve deliberately dressed up. This can create the impression that you treat the event you’re going to as worthy of your time.
3. Get Groomed and Back in Shape
If you haven’t tried sporting a trendy haircut yet, visit a well-known men’s hair salon and let an experienced barber do their magic. Coupled with your stylish clothes, you can emerge from the salon looking like an Instagram model.
And of course, if you’d give your hair a trim, trim out your unwanted body fat, too. While you can be confident in any body type, it won’t hurt to be in shape too. It will do wonders for your health. If you can’t visit the gym yet, do some home workouts that will exercise your most important muscle groups.
You don’t have to celebrate the holidays looking like a celebrity, but feeling and looking your best is essential. It’ll improve your self-confidence, self-esteem, and overall health. And nothing is more important these days than health.